Last Updated: Thursday, April 2nd at 7pm
Our Lady of the Lake School Updates
Per Govornor DeWine (March 30):
All Ohio K-12 schools -- including Catholic schools and PSR -- will At-home learning until May 1 at the direction of the state of Ohio. This will include all school-sponsored events, activities, clubs, athletics and the like through at least May 1.
March 30 3:05pm
Malley's will be delivered to the school on Wednesday, April 1. Families will be able to pick-up Malley's during the following times on Wednesday, April 1:
- Families with the last names A-L 3:00 pm-4:30 pm
- Families with the last names M-Z 4:30 pm-6:00 pm
***Please note though, strict social distancing policies will be taking place.
- Families will stay in their car at all times, do not exit your car at any time-we will follow the same route for arrival and dismissal. Families will gain entrance at the north end of the parking lot and drive up to doors for pick-up. Families will then exit using the south end of the lot.
- Please open trunks for boxes to be placed in for pick-up
- No walk-ups permitted
A note will be attached to your order letting you know what to do if an order is wrong or there is damage to your order. You will need to contact Malley's directly.
As a reminder, the school will be using calamity days April 6-9. We will then have spring break from April 10-April 19. At-home learning will then continue from April 20-May 1. Governor DeWine announced today that school closures will continue through May 1.
March 13 3:25pm
As of right now we are planning on Malley's being distributed on Monday, April 6 when we return.
Our spring break is scheduled for April 10-April 19. At this time, the Diocese is saying that we can honor this.
March 12 8:45pm
Our Lady of the Lake will be closed beginning Monday, March 16 through Friday, April 3 as directed by Governor DeWine.
At home learning will begin on Wednesday, March 18. Teachers will communicate with families via email more detailed instructions. We want to stress to the students that this is not a vacation from learning.
All workbooks, textbooks, and all other learning materials were sent home with the students Friday, March 13th.
March 11 7:25pm
As a result of the most recent coronavirus concerns, the PTO Kalahari event on Sunday, March 15, the eighth grade trip to Washington, D.C., and the seventh grade trip to Niagara Falls, Canada have been cancelled. These decisions were not easy. After many discussions with the school administration and the parish administration, we know that the health and safety of our students is our main concern.
Kalahari is experiencing a high volume of calls, so I am waiting to hear back from them concerning the cancellation of reservations and refunds. I ask that any families that had reservations to please email me to let me know.
Families of seventh and eighth grade students will receive refunds. Refunds will be issued in the form of a check. Communication will be sent when these checks will be sent home.
Our Lady of the Lake Parish Updates
The Catholic bishops of Ohio extended the temporary suspension of all publicly celebrated Masses/liturgies at least through – and including – Sunday, May 3.
The bishops are continuing to dispense the Catholic faithful who live in all dioceses of Ohio and all other Catholics currently in the state from the obligation of attending Sunday Mass during this time period.
The rectory office is closed. Please leave a message on the parish voicemail and we will return your call when we are able
- All publicly celebrated Masses/liturgies are temporarily suspended, at least through May 3.
- The Rectory will is tempoarily closed. Please call and leave a message and we will return your call as soon as we are able.
- All events at the Parish and School are cancelled/postponed through April 12th.
- Lenten Evening Prayer - Sunday 6:30pm
- Cub Scouts thru April 1
- Boy Scouts thru April 1
- ALL rehearsals and choir activities within liturgies are cancelled until further notice.
- Eucharist for the Homebound is suspended.
- Five on Fridays - March 13, 20 & 27, April 3
- Parish Lenten Mission (Postponed) - March 22-24
- Penance Service for Confirmation and Children of Light on March 26 - Postponed
- PSR - Mar 22, 29 & Apr 3
- First Sat Faith Sharing - April 4
- Genesis Meeting - April 5
- Parish Play April 24 - 26