Last Updated: Friday, May 22th at 7pm
Our Lady of the Lake Parish Updates
Dispensation from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass remains in effect. The Easter Duty obligation is extended for a period of one year from the end of the Easter Season 2020.
Masses will resume at Our Lady of the Lake on Monday, May 25 at 9am.
Monday - Thursday at 9am
Saturday at 4pm
Sunday at 8:30 and 11am
*Masks and Social Distancing will be Required. Please see below for additional Guidelines.
The rectory office is closed. Please leave a message on the parish voicemail and we will return your call when we are able
- Your health and safety are our primary concern.
- The dispensation from worshiping at weekend liturgies remains in effect indefinitely.
- Please take full advantage of this dispensation, especially if you are in the part of the population that is at highest risk in the pandemic.
- That means those with pre-existing health conditions and those who are sick or who are living with someone who is sick should stay at home.
- It also means that those who are sixty-five or older would be advised to refrain from participation, at the very least until a few weeks have passed and we have had a chance to test the plan and make initial refinements.
- Our weekend schedule will now be 4 pm on Saturday and 8:30 am and 11:00 am on Sunday.
- Social distancing, which is mandatory, will reduce the church’s seating capacity significantly.
- Social distancing means six feet distance in front of, behind and between participants.
- In our space this means sitting in every other row of chairs, with two chairs between participants.
- Members of a family or a single household may sit next to one another.
- It will be necessary to sit where directed by the ushers rather than where you may have become accustomed to sit.
- It will be necessary for everyone in the church, no exceptions, to wear masks or face coverings.
- Entry into the church building will be permitted only at the southeast entrance (parking lot side closest to Lake Shore Boulevard.).
- Please arrive no earlier than fifteen minutes before Mass.
- Everyone is asked to sanitize their hands upon entering the building.
- To the degree that we can gain access to agents to sanitize, we will provide them.
- Please bring your own sanitizer with you when you come.
- After Mass, additional doors will be open through which you may exit according to directives that will be provided.
- Congregational singing is indefinitely suspended.
- The hymnals have been temporarily removed.
- Any music will either be instrumental or sung by a cantor.
- There will be no entrance procession, no presentation of the gifts, no (recessional) exit procession.
- When it comes time for communion, please follow the directions of the ushers in order to maintain six feet of social distance between communicants.
- Communion will be given only under the form of bread.
- For the sake of protecting the ministers of communion and other participants, you are asked to receive communion in the hand.
- The ministry of ushers will increase in importance as we try to implement this plan. If you are willing to assist in this ministry, please contact the rectory at your earliest convenience.
- All physical events at the Parish and School are cancelled/postponed.
- The Rectory will is temporarily closed. Please call and leave a message and we will return your call as soon as we are able.
- ALL rehearsals and choir activities within liturgies are cancelled until further notice.
- Eucharist for the Homebound is suspended.
- Parish Lenten Mission (Postponed) - March 22-24
- Penance Service for Confirmation and Children of Light on March 26 - Postponed
Our Lady of the Lake School Updates
All student work is to be complete by Wednesday, May 27. Our official last day of school will be Friday, May 29. An all-school Field Day will be held on Wednesday, May 27
Book Turn-in/Supply Pick-up
June 1 and June 2 families will be able to drop off school textbook and other materials owned by the school. This will also allow for students to pick up their belongings from the school. This will be a drive-thru system. We are asking that you arrive during the scheduled times, drive thru the parking lot, hand your items to a designated person from your car, and wait for your belongings to be delivered to you.
June 1 last names A-L 9:00am-10:30am and M-Z 10:30am-12:00pm
June 2 M-Z 9:00am-10:30am and A-L 10:30am-12:00pm.
Your child's teacher will be sending out more information on the specifics of what will need to be turned back into the school. Also, any uniforms needing to be turned in can be done so on these days. Please put the uniform in a bag and clearly mark your child's name on it.
Per Governor DeWine (April 20):
All Ohio K-12 schools -- including Catholic schools and PSR -- will continue At-home learning for the remainder of the 2019-20 school year at the direction of the state of Ohio. This will include all school-sponsored events, activities, clubs, athletics, and the like.